Wednesday, October 31, 2012

0800HEAVEN...


In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And… I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also” (John 14:2-3)

After being stonewalled by one bureaucratic department after another while trying to help a needy couple with small children find a home, my mind was vividly taken to Jesus’ words of comfort to all who believe in Him – “In my Father’s house are many rooms…” – and all prepared by Jesus Himself. They will perfectly meet our needs and we will be perfectly content! To be cared for in this way will not take listening to endless electronic music on 0800 numbers or speaking to people who do not really seem to care or want to understand.

However, it will demand everything of us – surrendering ourselves (heart, mind, strength, resources, aspirations, etc.) to Jesus Christ. Complete surrender means asking forgiveness from God for trying to live without Him and stubbornly going our own sinful way. It means being given a new nature by God – a nature which wants to please Him, instead of rebel.

It is only to these individuals that Jesus promises, “I am coming again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.” Where will that be? In heaven – with Jesus Christ! Perfect contentment and perfect rest!
Where will your home be, for the rest of eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment